1. Identify a student with exceptionalities or a student that struggles in the area of social studies skills.
2. Using the ideas outlined in the text, or a credible resource (see Suggested Resources), select an effective teaching strategy that targets the needs of your exceptional (struggling) student.
Design an interactive, hands-on learning tool that targets the area of need for your student. You may involve a group of students for this activity, but you will be targeting the needs of your
identified exceptional (struggling) student. Your activity must focus on social studies skills from the K-12 TEKS.
3. Using the template provided, design a plan to implement your strategy.
4. Create the materials you will use to implement the strategy for teaching a social studies skill.
5. Implement the strategy with your identified exceptional (struggling) student. Remember, you can incorporate a group of students in this activity, but you will be targeting the needs of your
identified exceptional (struggling) student.
6. Using the Reflection section of the template, write a two page reflection on the creation and implementation of the strategy (tool). Fully discuss the topics outlined in the template. Be sure
to include the effect on student learning.
7. Photograph the materials you used after implementing the tool (strategy). Imbed the photograph in your template.
Harvey, S., & Goudvis, A. (2000). Strategies that work: Teaching comprehension to enhance
understanding. York, ME: Stenhouse Publishers.
This book can be purchased for $20.00 at Amazon.com.
Click on “Teaching Reading”, “Classroom Strategies”, then choose a “Featured Strategy.”
You can sign up for a two week free trial.
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homework Sharks, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prces are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.