Assignment: Draft Evaluation Design
This paper is an evaluation design for the program, problem, or policy you selected. Pull together the many elements of this paper into an initial draft or Draft Evaluation Design.
The Draft Evaluation Design should be:
• Thirteen (13) pages in length, double-spaces not including the cover and reference pages
• Use Ten (10) scholarly sources published within the last five years only to support the paper
• Use 7th edition of APA when citing your sources
Include the following in your Draft Evaluation Design:
1. Describe the program, problem, or policy that you identified.
The program is: “The New Harbour Port Authority in Delaware.”
The problem is: The port authority officers are racially and ethically profiling workers coming onto the docks to work, and Mr. Scott wants to find out if it is accurate and eliminate it.
2. Identify and explain your research question and variables to be used in your evaluation.
The research question is: Will the racial and ethnic profiling by the port authority officer contribute to the decrease in the funds for the New Harbor Ports?
The program evaluation: Research in the public sector (formative and midpoint)
3. Identify and explain the research/evaluation design to be used in your evaluation and how this design addresses issues of validity and reliability.
The evaluation design is: most appropriate because formative evaluation (also called program monitoring) provides feedback about the operations and processes during the implementation phase. The purpose is to monitor the officers, talk to the workers to see if racial and ethnic profiling was used, and give feedback to Mr. Scott. Another idea would be to have cameras where the officers talk to the workers and survey the workers to see if they are racially and ethically profiled.
However, Mr. Scott can later use midpoint evaluations after discovering who the problem officers were and then focusing on teaching them and using that feedback to adjust how to train the new officers for a safer outcome.
4. Identify and explain the sampling design to be used in your evaluation and the anticipated size of your sample.
The sampling design is: “Stratified random sample.” They would be collecting data from all the workers turned away from the docks for a week and talking to them afterward to see if they were racially and ethically profiled. It is about twenty workers turned away a day.
5. Identify and explain the information/data needed for the evaluation. Explain how this information will be collected (e.g., what secondary sources you will use and /or what data collection instrument you will use to collect the information). If you plan on using a survey, please include the survey in an appendix to your paper.
The two types of secondary data tools that would be useful for evaluating the racial and ethnic profiling of workers by the port authority officers are done by using quantitative data:
1. Structured data collection – That structured data is collected the same way every time. For example, the director wants to know the precise number of people being racial and ethnic profile daily. If the numbers show that twenty people were profiled each day, it is a well-defined number, and he wants to know what race or ethnicity the people are and why the port authority officers are questioning them.
2. Unobtrusive data collection- Unobtrusive observation data collection is when people do not know they are being observed. The director would have someone inside signaling to someone outside the building to tell them who to interview, asking questions similar to why they think they were racially and ethnic profile. For example, If it was the first time, which port authority officer it was and was the problem solved.
1. What is your gender?
C. Prefer not to answer
2. What is your age group?
E. 61 and older
3. What is your race?
C. American Indian
E. Black n White
4. Is English your primary language?
6. Do you feel targeted by the port authority offices because of race or ethnicity?
C. Prefer not to answer
7. In the last month, how many times the port authority officers stopped and searched your vehicle without cause?
E. Every time
8. Who does not get stopped and searched by the port authority officers?
A. White truckers
B. Black truckers
C. Asian truckers
D. Black n White truckers
9. Are all the officers targeting people or just a few?
B. Just one
C. Just two
10. Would you feel safer if there was a camera recording the stops?
Most Effective Results
The survey method I choose for the New Harbor Port Authority is an in-person interview. Face-to-face
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homework Sharks, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prces are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.