1. The textbook demonstrates why using exchange rates to compare standards of living in different countries leads to skewed answers since exchange rates only include traded goods and not items like haircuts and Big Macs. They argue that Big Macs are the same in every country so they discuss how to use Big Macs to compare productivity between two different countries. Explain how the McWage is calculated and what it means.
2. Explain why import restrictions lead to increased costs for consumers and lesser amounts sold for exporters.
3. Why do we see governmental restrictions on trade using tariffs, quotas and the like, with nations like China when all trade is mutually beneficial to the parties engaged in the exchanges? What is the impact on the wealth of nations from import restrictions? Explain.
4. Protecting automobile manufacturers from international competition is often about protecting the 26,000 or so jobs involved in automobile production. If the cost to consumers of this competition protection scheme is quite a bit higher than the value of the workers (measured by their wages) why would such a policy be enacted? What could be done to compensate these workers from lost jobs due to international competition?
5. Steel imports were limited by government policy in 2002 to save jobs in that industry. It was estimated that 200,000 jobs were lost to reduced exports as a result of the policy. How can that happen?
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homework Sharks, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prces are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.