Answer one (1) of the following questions in an essay format (see rubric).
Format: 4-6 pages. MLA format (https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/research_and_citation/mla_style/mla_formatting_and_style_guide/mla_general_format.html),
(Links to an external site.)
no title page, no spaces between paragraphs (see Writing Sins for more detail).
– Be sure to include a clear (provable) thesis statement and indicate the scope of the paper in the opening paragraph.
– Be sure each paragraph begins (first or second sentence) with a clear, declarative statement that implicitly answers the question: what is this paragraph about?
– Use specific examples from the text. Avoid quoting the text. Paraphrase instead. Cite EVERY specific reference to the text of another (Homer or another work).
1. The Poetic Presentation/Description of Love. In book 3 of the Iliad, love, personified by the goddess of love, Aphrodite, coaxes Helen into the arms of her lover Paris. After “Homer,” does the poetic presentation of love follow “Homer’s” model or adopt different images, symbols, or even agents? Use at least two authors beside “Homer” for this paper. The works of Sappho, Archilochus, Theocritus, and Catullus will be useful for this paper.
2. The Power of Language/Poetry. In the Odyssey, the hero Odysseus uses his language (stories, lies, even the truth) to achieve his aims (acceptance and/or his homecoming). Do other Greek and Roman poets (Archilochus to Catullus) share “Homer’s” view of language as a tool to gain one’s ends, something that produces real-world results aside from simple self-expression? Use at least two authors besides “Homer” for this question.
3. Couple Comparison. In poem 45, Catullus praises the couple of Septimius and Acme. After examining this poem, consider whether or not Catullus would shower equal (or similar) praise upon the couple of Odysseus and Penelope.
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homework Sharks, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prces are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.