These are the edited directions. Please read this, i attached the original one as well but this is edited.
Directions: Please answer all of the questions below. This is a formal paper. You will be graded on content, along with spelling and grammatical quality. Use MLA format to write your paper (parenthetical citations are permitted). Your paper must be typed, double spaced, with 1-inch margins around, and no longer than 750 words. Do not include a title page. I will only read the first 750 words. Points will be deducted if these policies are not followed. It is highly recommended that you utilize the Writing Center to help improve the quality of your paper. All assignments must be submitted using TurnItIn through Blackboard. You will be graded on your discussion of the topic described below, as well as the support provided for your opinions. Where possible, please use specific facts and data to support your opinions. You are required to use additional sources to complete this assignment. There is a lot of information available on this topic. Use proper citation format, footnotes or in-text citations and a bibliography. Your bibliography must include the four (4) sources below and at least two (2) additional sources. I reserve the right to ask to see drafts of your paper. Please save earlier drafts for this purpose.
Essay Topic: Effects of the Pandemic on a Specific Industry
Read the following articles:
Dunlap, Tom, Dave Wagner and Frank Scavo. “Coronavirus Impact Index by Industry.” Coronavirus Impact Index by
Industry | Computer Economics — for IT Metrics, Ratios, Benchmarks, and Research Advisories for IT
Kumar, Neeraj and Danny Haydon. “Industries Most and Least Impacted by COVID-19 from a Probability of Default
Perspective – March 2020 Update.” Industries Most and Least Impacted by COVID-19 from a Probability of
Default Perspective – March 2020 Update | S&P Global Market Intelligence, 7 Apr. 2020.
Thau, Barbara. “Coronavirus Effects on Businesses in Major Industries.” U.S. Chamber of Commerce, 20 Mar.
“The Biggest Business Impacts of the Coronavirus Pandemic.” EMarketer, www.emarketer.com/content/thebiggest-
The pandemic has had significant effects on the world economy. Some industries have benefits from shelter-athome, work from home and social distancing policies. While other industries have benefited from this shift. The assignment will provide you with an opportunity to see the effects on a specific firm.
Answer the following questions:
1. Include an introduction that includes a brief discussion of the pandemic and its effects on the world.
2. What types of firms have benefited from the effects of the pandemic? What types of firms have been negatively impacted by the pandemic?
3. Pick one firm in the Dow Jones Industrial Index to study further. Include a brief discussion of the firm, the industry it falls in and the expected effects of the pandemic. (see https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/%5EDJI/components/) Find the firm’s most recent earnings report. For most firms, this will be a second or third quarter earnings release or conference call. Different firms use different terms. If you find that the information on the firm you selected is difficult to find or understand, please select another firm.
4. How has the firm been affected by the pandemic? Discuss Sales and Profits and any other measure you believe is relevant. Include support from the earnings release.
5. What actions has the firm taken in response to the pandemic. Have employees been laid off, have bonuses been cut, etc. Do you believe these actions should have been taken?
6. What was the firm’s stock price on January 2, 2020? What was the firm’s stock price on September 2, 2020? Compute the return over this time period. What is the EAR on this stock?
7. Is the firm’s return consistent with your expectations of the effects of the pandemic on this firm? Clearly explain your answer.
Include an introduction and conclusion to your paper.
– introduction can be your answer to the first question
– conclusion can be two sentences
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homework Sharks, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prces are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.