Please select ONE of the following middle range theories/theorists. In addition, please use other scholarly, peer-reviewed sources to support your findings.
· Patricia Benner: Model of Skill Acquisition in Nursing (Novice to Expert)
· Madeleine Leininger: Cultural Care Diversity and Universality Theory
· Nola Pender: Health Promotion Model
· Afaf Meleis: Transition Theory
· American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN): Synergy Model
· Merle Mishel: Uncertainty in Illness Theory
· Katherine Kolcaba: Theory of Comfort
· Lenz and Colleagues: Theory of Unpleasant Symptoms
· Pamela Reed: Self-Transcendence Theory
Assignment 2: Middle Range Nursing Theorist Paper (25 points)
Theories are patterns that guide the thinking about, being, and doing of nursing. Theories provide structure to nursing practice and research. Theories guide nursing practice, stimulate creative thinking, facilitate communication, and at the same time clarify purposes. A metaparadigm is a global concept of a disciple that identifies the primary phenomena of interest to that discipline. In nursing, the dominate phenomena within the science of nursing revolves around the concepts of humans, health, environment and nursing.
For this assignment select a middle range theory from the list provided. Using this theory, develop a scholarly paper that includes the following criteria:
1. Define the middle range theory and the purpose of the selected middle range theory.
2. Define and discuss the nursing metaparadigm within the context of the selected middle range theory.
a. Explain how the theorist employs and defines each of the four concepts that comprise the nursing metaparadigm within the selected middle range theory
3. Explain the importance of the selected middle range theory in nursing practice.
a. provide and discuss two examples of use of the selected middle-range theory from current practice
4. The scholarly paper should be 4-5 pages excluding the title and reference pages.
5. Include level 1 and level 2 headings.
6. The paper should begin with an introductory paragraph that includes the purpose statement. The introductory paragraph and purpose statement allow the reader to understand what the paper/assignment is going to address.
7. The paper should include a conclusion.
8. Write the paper in third person, not first person (meaning do not use ‘we’ or ‘I’).
9. Include a minimum of three references from professional peer-reviewed nursing journals (review in Ulrich Periodical Directory) to support the paper. ***Historical references may be used as appropriate. (Definition of historical reference: reference to a well-known person, place event or literary work that adds meaning to the paper.)
10. APA format is required (attention to spelling/grammar, a title page, a reference page, and in-text citations).
11. Submit the assignment to Turnitin Direct prior to the final submission to Canvas
12. Review the originality report and make any needed changes prior to submitting.
13. Submit to Canvas by the posted due date.
Assignment: Middle Range Nursing Theorist Paper (25 points) Middle Range Theory Suggestion List
Auvil-Novak, S. E. (1997). A middle-range theory of chronotherapeutic intervention for postsurgical pain. Nursing Research, 46(2), 66-71. https://doi.org/10.1097/00006199-199703000-00002
Ball, J. S., Links, P. S., Strike, C., & Boydell, K. M. (2005). “It’s overwhelming… everything seems to be too much”: a theory of crisis for individuals with severe persistent mental illness. Psychiatric Rehabilitation Journal, 29(1), 10-17. https://doi.org/10.2975/29.2005.10.17
Bu, X., & Jezewski, M. A. (2007). Developing a mid-range theory of patient advocacy through concept analysis. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 57(1), 101-110. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2648.2006.04096.x
Carr, J. M. (2014, 2014 July-August). A middle range theory of family vigilance. MEDSURG Nursing, 23(4), 251+.
Chapman, K. J., & Pepler, C. (1998). Coping, hope, and anticipatory grief in family members in palliative home care. Cancer Nursing, 21(4), 226-234. https://journals.lww.com/cancernursingonline/Fulltext/1998/08000/Coping,__hope,_and_anticipatory_grief_in_family.2.aspx
Davidson, J. E. (2010). Facilitated sensemaking: A strategy and new middle-range theory to support families of intensive care unit patients. Critical Care Nurse, 30(6), 28-39. https://doi.org/10.4037/ccn2010410
Good, M. (1998). A middle-range theory of acute pain management: Use in research. Nursing Outlook, 46(3), 120-124. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.1016/S0029-6554(98)90038-0
McCreaddie, M., & Wiggins, S. (2009). Reconciling the good patient persona with problematic and non-problematic humour: a grounded theory. International Journal of Nursing Studies, 46(8), 1079-1091. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijnurstu.2009.01.008
McMahon, M. A., & Christopher, K. A. (2011). Toward a mid-range theory of nursing presence. Nursing Forum, 46(2), 71-82. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1744-6198.2011.00215.x
Murrock, C. J., & Higgins, P. A. (2009). The theory of music, mood and movement to improve health outcomes. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 65(10), 2249-2257. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2648.2009.05108.x
Peters, R. M. (2006). The relationship of racism,chronic stress emotions, and blood pressure. Journal of Nursing Scholarship, 38(3), 234-240. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1547-5069.2006.00108.x
Pickett, S., Peters, R. M., & Jarosz, P. A. (2014). Toward a middle–range theory of weight management. Nursing Science Quarterly, 27(3), 242-247. https://doi.org/10.1177/0894318414534486
Register, M. E., & Herman, J. (2006). A middle range theory for generative quality of life for the elderly. Advances in Nursing Science, 29(4), 340-350. https://doi.org/10.1097/00012272-200610000-00007
Riegel, B., Jaarsma, T., & Strömberg, A. (2012). A middle-range theory of self-care of chronic illness. Advances in Nursing Science, 35(3), 194-204. https://doi.org/10.1097/ANS.0b013e318261b1ba
Siaki, L. A., Loescher, L. J., & Trego, L. L. (2013). Synthesis strategy: building a culturally sensitive mid-range theory of risk perception using literary, quantitative, and qualitative methods. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 69(3), 726-737. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2648.2012.06096.x
Smith, M. J., & Liehr, P. (2005). Story theory: Advancing nursing practice Scholarship. Holistic nursing practice, 19(6), 272-276. https://journals.lww.com/hnpjournal/Fulltext/2005/11000/Story_Theory__Advancing_Nursing_Practice.8.aspx
Trimm, D. R., & Sanford, J. T. (2010). The process of family waiting during surgery. Journal of Family Nursing, 16(4), 435-461. https://doi.org/10.1177/1074840710385691
Tsai, P.-F. (2003). A middle-range theory of caregiver stress. Nursing Science Quarterly, 16(2), 137-145. https://doi.org/10.1177/0894318403251789
Whittemore, R., & Roy, S. C. (2002). Adapting to diabetes mellitus: A theory synthesis. Nursing Science Quarterly, 15(4), 311-317. https://doi.org/10.1177/089431802236796
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homework Sharks, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prces are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.