Write a 800-word research paper analyzing and discussing a work of art discussed in the online text
You must research a work of art that is not included in the assigned readings or course resources. Format:
• 800 words, not including citations and bibliography.
• Include a small image of the artwork in the body of your essay.
• DO NOT include lengthy quotations. Grades will be deducted for quotations of more than two lines. • Use a minimum of three research sources, in addition to the course text.
• The assignment requires research beyond what is covered in assigned readings and course resources.
• Use quality sources for your research. Avoid internet sources without authors or clear connections to established research. For guidelines on quality research sources: https://www.library.georgetown.edu/ tutorials/research-guides/evaluating-internet-content
• Do not use Wikipedia for your assignments, since it has no academic reliability. An excellent reference for our course is Grove Art Online, accessible through the university library
• Your essay MUST include properly-formatted citations and bibliography.
• Use Chicago style formatting, with proper citation of sources.
• The Chicago Manual of Style is available through the university library: https://
• Use 12 point font, double spaced, with no title page or cover.
• Include your student number, course and date on the body of your essay.
• Do not include subheadings in your paper.
• You will lose marks if you go more than 50 words over or under 800 words.
• You will lose marks if you write your paper on an artwork that is included in the assigned readings or
• If you are unable to submit your written work on time due to illness or other serious circumstances
please contact me immediately to make arrangements.
• GRADING will be based on adherence to assignment guidelines, research, content, format, and
organization. For details, refer to the Art History Grading Criteria posted on the class UR Courses
• The essay will be graded in Turnitin, where feedback will be available until the end of Dec., 2020 Submit your paper as a .pdf or .docx file
• Write a clearly stated thesis statement in the first paragraph.
• Develop your main points in the body of the paper.
• End your paper with a concluding paragraph that summarizes your ideas.
• Be sure to develop an argument and structure that holds the paper together.
• Do not write the essay as if the instructor is your reader. Imagine you are writing to someone like
you. They know a little about art but have not seen this work.
• Only include biographical information on the artist if it advances your essay thesis.
• Do not write in the first person.
• Avoid statements such as “This painting jumped out at me …” or “This sculpture caught my eye…”
• Resist empty and awkward exaggeration: “she is like the greatest master who ever lived;” “his
amazing realism has dropped jaws all over the world.”
• Watch out for vague, overly general claims: “There is more to this painting than meets the eye;” “Art
makes you see the world in new ways and this watercolour is no exception.”
• Avoid repetition. Avoid repetition.
Please note that student papers will be graded using turnitin.com, a site that checks against databases of electronic books and articles, archived webpages, and previously-submitted student papers.
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homework Sharks, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prces are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.