This is a take home writing assignment. It is meant to invite reflection about classwork in connection to your realities. As such, please take your time responding to the items below.
1. Through this pandemic we’re all facing, explain why reason, logic, and truth seem to play a diminished role in the way we all make important decisions. (One to two paragraphs, 5 points.).
2. In our second week this semester, we talked about the four principles of social justice: access, equity, rights, and participation. Explain what these principles mean and why thinking critically about this in terms of health and/or education is important. (Two to four paragraphs, 20 points.).
3. In your respective communities (school, home, church, friends/ sports/ language/ interests groups, subway routine, social media spaces, etc.), what opportunities are there for self- advocacy? What would be one issue related to social justice in any of these communities that you would be interested in initiating self-advocacy for and how would you go about it? You may want to look into the materials for weeks 3-4 to help you in this. (two to three paragraphs, 15 points.).
4. How are the concepts of privilege and oppression connected to public policy and social justice? Take a look at the information from readings and materials in weeks 5, 6, and 7 to help you. (One to two paragraphs, 10 points.).
5. During weeks 7-8, we discussed how the development and expanding use of digital technology within economic, political, social and cultural life on a global scale has brought new inequalities and the reproduction of existing inequalities, involving social, democratic and global divides. In this sense, explain what networked individualism is and give an example of one of these forms of inequalities (one to two paragraphs, 10 points.).
6. Two sections in this item:
a) Why is detecting fallacious thinking and rhetoric persuasion important when dealing with social justice and/or public policy? (A few sentences would suffice, 5points.).
b) Detect two examples of fallacies in political debates about social policies (economy, education, health, etc.). Explain in detail why they are fallacies. (You can use presidential debates, social media debates, family debates, etc.). (One to two paragraphs, 5 points.).
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homework Sharks, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prces are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.