This essay is on Nathaniel Hawthorne Damaged women from a feminist point of view. Write a six-page literary analysis paper including works cited page. Please try not to go over six pages. Use 12 point font (not 11) and Times New Roman. Double space and carefully follow MLA 8 formatting for literature papers. Choose five or six short stories or poems written by your author. If you choose to work with a novel, that would still be only one of the five required sources. The discussion of a novel may not take up more than a page in this short paper. I suggest choosing either poems or short stories, but you could do both. (The literature can be easily found on line. If you get all of your poems from one website, it will make citing the material easier.)
You will need to read many pieces (probably 10-20) in order to choose the best ones and also to see a trend or common theme forming, but your paper only needs to work with five or six of the most appropriate pieces. This is a minimum. You might need more than that in the paper.
3. Discuss how your selected author handles the issues brought up by your focus. For example, a sociological paper might deal with how Paul Laurence Dunbar handles the theme of a social “mask” as seen from the point-of-view of the African-American experience. Explain what the theme is and how the author manifests that theme in his or her literature.
4. I suggest organizing your paper thematically rather than story by story or poem by poem. For example, a paper with the theme of love might be broken down into love of self, love of God, love of pets, love of family, romantic love, etc. However, some topics might do better story by story. See Tips for Organizing the Research Paper in Modules on Canvas.
Form an appropriate thesis statement indicating that this is a common or important theme in the writer’s works.
Questions to consider when writing this paper:
• What is the theme? What does it mean?
• How does the author make use of it?
• Does it drive the plot forward? If so, how?
• Does it contribute to tone or atmosphere? If so, in what way?
• Does it establish character? If so, how?
• Is it essential to the story or ancillary? And so on
I expect to see multiple examples both quoted and paraphrased in this paper in order to adequately prove your point(s). However, I also need to see plenty of your own critical analysis and not just a “grocery list” of one example after another.
Each example or point needs to be fully explicated. (see lecture on superficial vs full development on Canvas if you need an illustration of “full explication.”)
5. Find one scholarly peer-reviewed article to use in the paper. Do not use multiple outside sources. This is a primary research paper, not a secondary research paper. That means 98% of what you have in this paper will come from your own brain and will be based on the poems and stories you are working with. If you read, use and cite a lot of other authors, you would be turning a primary research paper into a secondary research paper, and that is not what this assignment is. If you don’t understand, see me and I will go over this with you.
You may have trouble finding an article that is totally about your theme. You may need to read through multiple articles to find one that has a section in it that is relevant to your paper. This is the research part of your research paper. You do not need to use the entire article, only the parts that are relevant to your paper.
You need to show this article to me in advance and clear it with me to make sure it is acceptable.. You need an article probably written by a university scholar. I suggest starting with the IVC databases.
In your paper, use multiple quotations from the article to support your own critical thinking.
NO PLAGIARISM. Anything you learn from your article needs to be cited.
DO NOT PUT ANY INFORMATION FROM THE ARTICLE INTO YOUR PAPER, UNLESS IT IS RELEVANT TO THE STORIES OR POEMS YOU ARE ACTIVELY WORKING WITH! In other words, don’t choose random quotations and information about a poem that you haven’t read and are not working with. You need to apply the article’s information to the materials you are working with.
Do a paragraph review of this article. How accurate is it? How helpful is it? Are there parts you disagree with?
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homework Sharks, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prces are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.