Socialization Paper and Presentation 100 Points
DUE DATE: Final Socialization Paper: November 7th
Students who plan to work in the community with people from many different economic, social, racial and ethnic groups need to have an understanding of the effects of differing life experiences on attitudes and values of the individual.
The socialization report provides a means to demonstrate the process of socialization in a way that makes it meaningful.It is used in helping the student to assess his or her values and attitudes and the effect of the primary socialization agents on his/her development. In addition, it allows the student to contrast one’s own experiences with those of others and thereby better understand the diversity of attitudes and values, which exist within a community.
You are free to bring into your report any material, which you believe is relevant to your development. You should not, however, feel any obligation to share any information, which you feel is too personal or painful.
2. Preparation for the written paper
The socialization paper is very different from most college level papers you have written for other courses. This is not a research paper. It is a reflection of the agents of socialization and their impact on you. Without knowing it, you have been thinking about this paper all semester. Each week in the course you have been reflecting on a different aspect of socialization. This paper just has you put all that information together. Your thoughts about these issues have been stimulated weekly by the content of the course. You will find that writing the final paper should flow fairly smoothly.
The written paper should describe your socialization process in detail (see step 3 below).You must include or address all 10 areas in your paper. Your written paper should be at least six (6) pages long.
3. The Ten Aspects of the Socialization Paper
1. Begin where you are now. Who are you? How do you define yourself? What do you think are some of your values? What are your special interests?
2. The Family- nuclear, extended, single parent, brothers and sisters, birth order, family occupation, early memories, experiences, feelings, travel, etc. ?
3. The Community- size, location, economy, attitudes, and special people in the neighborhood or community. How did they affect you?
4. The School- size, type, teacher who influenced you both positively and/or negatively, your attitude and feelings.
5. Religious Organizations- denominations, size, activities, attitudes, your relationship and experiences.
6. Peer Group- Who were your friends? What effect do you think they had on you?
7. Other Organizations- formal and informal such as Scouts, Camp Fire, 4-H, teams, clubs, gangs, political organizations, armed services or organizations in which you have worked.
8. Media- books, television, movies, videos, and technology which may have influenced you.
9. The Era in which you were growing up.Any historical events, figures or trends of importance.
10. Other- work, sports, special skills, volunteer work, marriage, children, and any experiences or events, which strongly influenced you. What do you think the future holds for you?
4. What to include in your socialization presentation
You will also need to present some of your socialization process to your classmates during your assigned presentation date. This will be a presentation with 6 or more slides that highlight your socializtion process. Your slides need to have photos of your life along with text that highlights the socialization concepts you are sharing about your life with your classmates.
Choose some of the areas of your life that you think may be of interest to other students. Make sure you include information about your family of origin and where you grew up. Beyond that, you can choose what information you wish to share. You can use photos or graphics in the form of a Power Point or photo album, or pic collage. You are also welcome to share cultural specialties such as food items, music (instruments played), artifacts that represent you or have a direct influence on your socialization.
This presentation will not cover as many topics as the paper, but it may also cover different things (different examples or stories from your life) than those you mentioned in the paper.
5. Turning in your paper and presentation
Note the different due dates: The Final Socialization Paper (including all ten aspects of socialization) will be uploaded , on November 7th. Weeks 12 – 16 there will be student powerpoints uploaded based on your assigned week of sharing. Your classmates will view and discussion participation activities will connect to the power points.
6. Grading of Socialization Assignment
The total assignment is worth 100 points. Please note the breakdown of points for the three (3) components of this assignment:
Written report 65 Points
Power point – 35 Points
Total = 100 Points
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homework Sharks, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prces are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.