Use proper academic citation and include a filmography and bibliography. 2000-2500 words. (10 pages)
1. Intro. Describe your subject and why you chose it. What is the significance of this person, place, event? How does this person/place/event figure in Toronto film cultures (ie. ‘most important festival of experimental media’).
2. Background Research. Synthesize your background research (newspaper articles, essays, books, web searches).
3. Methodology. In detail, describe your methodology (ie. On Oct 6th we interviewed A, a one hour interview in her office. We held a follow up phone interview on xxx date and conducted further interviews with her cinematographer and choreographer on xxx and xxx). Or, if you are conducting research into a film festival, your methodology would indicate when and where the festival happens, and provides an overview of the interviews you conducted and the nature of your field research (ie. attended a total of 10 screenings and 5 workshops, interviewed the director of the festival, the programming Director and 5 volunteers and ten audience members).
4. The body of your essay will contextualize your field research and synthesize the interviews you conducted including actual quotes, where appropriate.
5. Conclusion. Summarize what you have learned from your field research.
Field Research Essay
Your final project will consist of a ten- page academic research paper that includes a filmography and bibliography.
You may decide to carry out research on:
1. An event: a film festival; a special screening of a film; an art installation; an art exhibition that involves film; a film program at a museum or gallery or microcinema (CineCycle), a gaming hack a thon or workshop.
2. An individual, collective or group developing innovative approaches to cinema, game and media production, exhibition or distribution. (eg. Dames Making Games, Symposium at Toronto Media Art Centre, etc.)
3. An institution or organization devoted to cinema and media such as The Archives of Ontario; TIFF Bell Lightbox; HOT Docs cinema; etc.
Your final project must deal with contemporary practices. For example: You may do an analysis of a local filmmaker, game designer, media curator where you could include a biographical study, and look closely at a few of the projects each is involved in. This might include an interview that you can include with your paper and creative project. You may also investigate a technique, using several filmmakers as reference. We encourage you to go out into the “field” of Toronto’s creative industries. For this project you can attend and interview a festival programmer; or go to a public gallery where film or digital media is exhibited as and installation interview the artist. Field research involves detailed observation, so ensure you are recording your notes or where feasible, taking photos. A field research essay may involve some synthesis of theoretical sources for the purposes of contextual framing, relying on essays read for class but this should be minimal. The core of your essay should be ‘thick’ description that is detailed and analyzed. Please see examples that are posted.
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homework Sharks, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prces are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.