Module Assignment: Managerial Accounting Report
The Purpose and Context
This assignment will help you develop your understanding of the managerial accounting processes and you will learn how different accounting methods create different pictures for a company given the same data.
Swipes 50 Limited manufactures a specialized screen protector for laptop computers. The Plus Swipe is a screen protector that prevents scratched on laptop screens. The company has been in operation for three years and now that the company has refined its production process, the directors have decided to focus on product costing. She wants to look into how both absorption and variable costing affect the profits of the company. The following information is available for the months of January and February:
Production (units) February March
Sales (unites) €12,500 €14,500
Direct Materials €11,500 €15,500
Direct Labour €29,000 €33,250
Variable Production Overhead €7,300 €8,500
Total Selling and Administrative Expenses €44,500 €57,100
1. Swipes 50 Ltd. production capacity is 20,000 unit per month.
2. Fixed production overheads are €28,600 per month.
3. Swipe 50 sell Plus Swipes at €22 each.
4. On 31st January, the company’s warehouse had no Plus Swipes in inventory.
5. Fixed and variable elements (variable portion is incurred based on units sold) are included in the total administration expenses.
1. Prepare a profit statement for Swipe 50 Limited for the months of February and March using: (20%)
a. Absorption costing
b. Variable costing
2. Reconcile the profit calculated using absorption costing to that using variable costing. (20%)
3. Explain how each method differs from the other method and also explain the important of the methods.
4. Explain three ways Swipes 50 Ltd. can improve its accounting systems. (20%)
5. State why managing accounting jobs are important in a manufacturing company. (20%)
1. 3,500 – 4,000 words with APA Format
2. Double-spaced (2.0) or One and a Half (1.5) spaced
3. 12 pt. Times New Roman font
4. Page Number (footer, right bottom corner)
5. 4 major sections: Table of Content, Title Page, Main Body, References
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homework Sharks, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prces are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.